Display NOW Manager allows you to show content via Google Slides. One it's setup, all you have to do is edit the slides from any device and they will update on the next rotation of the Playlist.
Google Slides is great for a wide variety of applications including restaurants, education, barber shops or salons, waiting rooms and much more.
Step 1: Add Media to Display NOW Digital Signage Manager
Navigate to manager.displaynow.io if you haven't already.
Click the Media page and find the Google Slide media app under the Media App Store tab.
- Click Sign-In with Google & follow the prompts.
- If you see an error / security warning - it is save to proceed (see link at the bottom). We are working on getting our App certified with Google.
- Don't want to sign in? You can also use the Embed URL that you can get from File > Publish To Web > Embed in Google Slides.
Select the your desired slide deck.
- Set the time in seconds that you want to show each slide.
- Update Google Slides directly and content will refresh automatically.
- Once done, head over to your playlist and update it.
Step 2: Create a Playlist or add it to an existing Playlist
- Give it a name and description if you'd like.
- Select the media you'd like to display.
- Select the number of second you want each slide to be played for in a loop. Please put down the total duration of your Google Slide Deck according to the number of seconds you have selected for each slide. i.e. there are 10 slides and you've selected each slide should be displayed for 15 seconds. Then the total number of seconds will be 150. You have to add 150 seconds for the total duration of your Google Slide Deck in the Playlist.
- You can re-arrange the order, set duration or remove it. If you're on mobile, you may need to press down to activate. drag and drop mode.
- Tag it to the desired displays and content will begin presenting.
You can also add Google Slides to Display NOW using an embed link. Simply follow these steps.
Alternative: Link Google Slides Without Signing In
If you do not want to sign in with Google, you can grab the embed publish link from Google Slides directly.
Step 1: First, sign in to Google Slides. You can start a new presentation or open an existing one.
Click File > Publish to the web
- Select the "Embed" option
- Select how often you wish slides to remain on screen
- Check the two boxes below: start as soon as player loads and restart the slideshow after the last slide. This keeps the presentation moving in the background as other content is shown.
- Then copy the link from the start of the quotation to the end of the quotation. Just as highlighted in the picture below.
Head over to the Display NOW Manager and add the copied embed link to the "Google slides Embed URL."
In order to complete your URL, please add ( &rm=minimal ) at the end of it.
- Once done, please select your playlist and add the total number of seconds that content will be played for. Adding up the number of slides and how many seconds each slide will be played for like, 10 slides + each slide for 15 seconds = Total of 150 seconds.
- Click on "Save"
Step 3: Add/Edit the Playlist
Head over the Playlist option and select your Playlist and click on Edit.
You can also create a new playlist if you'd like.
- Google Slide will already show up on your playlist.
- You can also add your number of seconds from here or change them.
- Click "Update" and you're all set. The Media then will be display on your screens.